Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
WHO has identified 3 main goals for health system: health (level and inequalities), responsiveness (level and inequalities) and fairness in financial contribution.
The World Health Survey programme will collect data on all of these goals. We are interested in how important the respondents think these goals are in their countries. In settings of limited resources, governments have to make choices about allocating resources to priorities. The importance placed on each goal can be thought of as an indication of how much priority should the government place on it. The interviewer will read the introduction to the health goals to the respondents and will give them either Form A or Form B.
Respondents select one option.
Respondents may give the same number to 2 goals if they think they are of equal importance. However, it is preferable if they give different scores for the 5 goals from 1 to 5.
READ TO RESPONDENT: To answer the following question you need to understand what is meant by "Health System Goals". Five main goals have been
1. Improving the health of the population (population lives longer and with less illness)
2. Minimizing inequalities in health between people (all people should have equal chances of being healthy)
3. Improving responsiveness of the health system (this involves things like how quickly people are attended to; how respectfully people are spoken to by
medical staff; how clearly things are explained; how convenient it is to reach different health services; how clean they are; and how much freedom there is to
choose to see the doctor one wants).
4. Minimizing inequalities/disparities in responsiveness (the health system is equally responsive to all people, no matter their wealth, social status, sex, age or
religious or other beliefs)
5. Fairness in financial contribution (every household should pay a fair share towards the health system)
Now, I would like you to score these 5 goals in order of importance from the most important (1) to the least important (5) – Please, put the cards I will give to
you in order of importance.
INTERVIEWER: GIVE RESPONDENTS CUE CARDS, WRITE THE CODE FROM EACH CARD NEXT TO THE RANK, STARTING WITH RANK 1
AS THE MOST IMPORTANT, TO RANK 5 AS THE LEAST IMPORTANT.