During the last 12 months, what has been your main occupation?
Legislator, Senior Official, or Manager
Technician or Associate Professional
Service or sales worker
Agricultural or fishery worker
Craft or trades worker
Plant/machine operator or assembler
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Respondent’s Socio Demographic Characteristics
Now, I would like to ask you a few questions about your work status.
The Interviewer should ask this question open-endedly: “What is your main occupation?”. The interviewer then selects the category that they think best applies, and confirms it with the respondent.
By “main occupation”, we mean the occupation that the person spent the most time doing over the last 12 months. The following definitions should be used.
• Legislator, Senior Official, or Manager: Examples of occupations in this category include legislators; senior government officials; chiefs or heads of villages; senior officials of political parties or workers unions; and directors, chief executives or department managers who manage
enterprises, organizations or departments that are large enough to require three or more managers.
• Professional, Technician, or Associate Professional: Examples of occupations in this category include occupations in the physical mathematical and engineering sciences, architects, engineers, health professionals, teachers, lawyers, social scientists, writers or performing artists, ship and aircraft controllers and technicians, financial agents, trade brokers,
accountants and bookkeepers.
• Clerical: Examples of occupations in this category include secretaries, keyboard operators, stock clerks scribes, office assistants, cashiers, and receptionists.
• Personal Services, Marketing, or Sales: Examples of occupations in this category include travel attendants, restaurant workers, personal care workers, barbers, undertakers, astrologers, fire-fighters, police officers, models, salespersons.
• Agricultural or Fisheries Worker: Examples of occupations in this category include gardeners and crop growers, livestock, dairy, and poultry producers, forestry workers and loggers, hunters, and fishery workers.
• Craft, Construction, or Trades: Examples of occupations in this category include miners, shot firers, stone cutters, and carvers; construction workers, metal moulders, welders, sheet-metal workers, blacksmiths, tool-makers, electrical and electronic equipment mechanics and fitters, potters, glass-makers, handicraft workers in wood, textile, leather and related materials, printing, food processing, textile and garment workers.
• Plant and Machine Operators or Assemblers: Examples of occupations in this category include processing-plant operators, power production operators, assembly-line operators, machine operators, assemblers, and motor-vehicle drivers.
• Armed Forces: Examples of occupations in this category include anyone who is employed as a member of military service of the country.
If respondent has answered this question, Go to next section 2000.