Survey ID Number
Living Standards Survey II 1988-1989
The scope of Living Standards Survey 1988-1989 includes:
- Household: Household roster, Housing, Education, Health, Economic activities, Migration, Agro-pastoral activities, Non-farm self-employment, Expenditure and inventory of durable goods, Food expenses and home production, Fertility, Other income, Credit and savings, Anthropometrics, Cognitive skills
- Community: Demographic information, Economy and infrastructure, Education, Health, Agriculture
- Price: Food, Pharmaceutical, Non-food
- Primary School: School characteristics, Enrollment, School staff, Expenditures on schooling, Observations
- Middle/Junior Secondary School: School characteristics, Enrollment, School staff, Expenditures on schooling, Observations
- Education: Mathematics questions, English reading questions
- Health and family planning services: Characteristics of the facility, Services, Immunizations, Personnel, Beds, Equipment, Drug supply, Family planning (hours of operation/services offered, personnel)
- Drugstores, pharmacies and drug vendors: Characteristics of the facility, Hours of operation, Personnel, Vaccines and contraceptive supplies, Drug supplies
Eight types of questionnaires are used in the GLSS: (1) a household questionnaire; (2) a community questionnaire; (3) a price questionnaire; (4) a primary school questionnaire; (5) a middle/junior secondary school questionnaire; (6) an education questionnaire; (7) a health and family planning services questionnaire; (8) a drugstores, pharmacies and drug vendors questonnaire.
- The household questionnaire comprises 16 sections which allow the collection of a total of about 800 pieces of information on the household. It includes household composition, housing, education, health, economic activities, migration, housing characteristics, anthropometry, agro-pastoral activities, non-farm self-employment, expenditures and inventory of durable goods, food expenses and home production, fertility, other income, credit and savings.
- The community questionnaire, used in the rural areas, is administered to the persons best informed about the community (village chief, teachers, etc). It includes demography, economy and infrastructure, education, health and agriculture.
- The price questionnaire is filled out based on direct observation of the market prices. It includes food items, pharmaceutical items and other non-food items.
- The primary school questionnaire includes school characteristics, enrollment, school staff, expenditures on schooling, and observations.
- The middle/junior secondary school questionnaire includes school characteristics, enrollment, school staff, expenditures on schooling and observations.
- The education questionnaire incldues mathematics questions and english reading questions.
- The health and family planning services questionnaire includes characteristics of the facility, services, immunizations, personnel, beds, equipment, drug supply, and family planning (hours of operation/services offered, personnel).
- The drugstores, pharmacies and drug vendors questonnaire includes characteristics of the facility, hours of operation, personnel, vaccines and contraceptive supplies and drug supplies.