The Country Opinion Survey in Chad assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Chad perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Chad on:
1. Views regarding the general environment in Chad.
2. Overall attitudes toward the WBG in Chad.
3. Overall impressions of the WBG's effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Chad.
4. Perceptions of the WBG's future role in Chad.
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
N'Djamena, Moundou, Abéché, Sarh, Bongor, Massakori, Mongo and Doba
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Chad
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
The World Bank Group
The World Bank Group
From April to June 2015, 401 stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Chad were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG's work in the country by participating in a country opinion survey.
Participants were drawn from the office of the President/Prime Minister; office of a minister; office of a parliamentarian; ministries/ministerial departments; PMUs; consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs; local governments; bilateral/multilateral agencies; private sector organizations; private foundations; the financial sector/private banks; NGOs/community based organizations (CBO); the media; independent government institutions; trade unions; faith-based groups; youth groups; academia/research institutes/think tanks; the judiciary branch; and other organizations.
A total of 277 stakeholders participated in the survey (69% was the response rate).
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
World Bank Group Country Opinion Survey Questionnaire in English and French
Local fielding agency "ComDev Consulting"
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Chad World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2015, Ref. TCD_2015_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.