The Country Opinion Survey in Chile assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Chile perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Chile on:
1) their views regarding the general environment in Chile;
2) their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Chile;
3) overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Chile;
4) their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Chile.
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Santiago and outside of Santiago
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Chile
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
The World Bank Group
The World Bank Group
From May to October 2015, 486 stakeholders of the WBG in Chile were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG's work in the country by participating in a country opinion survey. Participants were drawn from the Office of the President/Prime Minister; office of a minister; office of a parliamentarian; ministries/ministerial departments; Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects; consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/ programs; local governments; bilateral/multilateral agencies; private sector organizations; private foundations; the financial sector/private banks; non-profit organizations/community based organizations; the media; independent government institutions; trade unions; faith-based groups; youth groups; academia/research institutes/think tanks; the judiciary branch; and other organizations.
A total of 49 stakeholders participated in the survey (10% response rate).
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
English and Spanish
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Chile World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2015, Ref. CHL_2015_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.