The Country Opinion Survey in Kyrgyz Republic assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Kyrgyz Republic perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Kyrgyz Republic on:
1) their views regarding the general environment in Kyrgyz Republic;
2) their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Kyrgyz Republic;
3) overall impressions of the WBG's effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Kyrgyz Republic;
4) their perceptions of the WBG's future role in Kyrgyz Republic.
v01 - edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Unit of analysis
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From March to May 2016, 479 stakeholders of the WBG in the Kyrgyz Republic were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG's work in the country by participating in a Country Opinion Survey. Participants were drawn from the office of the President/Prime Minister, office of a Minister, office of a Parliamentarian, employees of ministries/ministerial departments/ implementation agencies, Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects or consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs, local government office or staff, bilateral/multilateral agencies, private sector organizations, private foundations, the financial sector/private banks, NGOs/community-based organizations (CBOs), the media, independent government institutions, trade unions, faith-based groups, youth groups, academia/research institutes/think tanks, and the judiciary branch. A total of 322 stakeholders participated in the survey (67% response rate).
The results of this year’s Country Survey were compared to those in the Country Survey conducted in FY2013 (response rate was 55%, N = 166). The data were weighted to reach similar stakeholder compositions across the two survey years, allowing for more statistically reliable comparisons. Also, stakeholders who identified themselves as “Other” in the stakeholder category options were not included in these comparisons. As a result, mean ratings, percentages of respondents, and the total number of respondents in both years are slightly different from those of the original data reported in the FY2013 Country Survey report and the non-weighted data presented in this report. For the weighted stakeholder breakdown and year comparison results, please refer to Appendix E in the FY2016 report.
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
English, Kyrgyz and Russian.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Kyrgyz Republic World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2016, Ref. KGZ_2016_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.