The Country Opinion Survey in Turkmenistan assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Turkmenistan perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Turkmenistan on:
1) their views regarding the general environment in Turkmenistan;
2) their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Turkmenistan;
3) overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Turkmenistan;
4) their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Turkmenistan.
v01 - edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Unit of analysis
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From October 2015 to March 2016, 85 stakeholders of the WBG in Turkmenistan were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG’s work in the country by participating in a country opinion survey. Participants were drawn from the office of the President, the office of the Prime Minister; office of a minister; ministries/ministerial departments/implementation agencies; bilateral/multilateral agencies; private sector organizations; private foundations; the financial sector/private banks; NGOs/community based organizations; the media; independent government institutions; academia/research institutes/think tanks; and other organizations. A total of 57 stakeholders participated in the survey (67% response rate).
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
English and Russian.
Turkmenistan World Bank country team
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Turkmenistan World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) FY2016, Ref. TKM_2015_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.