The Country Opinion Survey in Tajikistan assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Tajikistan perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Tajikistan on:
1) Their views regarding the general environment in Tajikistan;
2) Their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Tajikistan;
3) Overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Tajikistan; and
4) Their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Tajikistan.
Kind of data
Sample survey data [ssd]
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Dushanbe and Districts of Republican Subordination, Khatlon Region, Sughd Region and Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region.
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Tajikistan.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From January to February 2017, 534 stakeholders of the WBG in Tajikistan were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG’s work in the country by participating in a Country Opinion Survey. Participants were drawn from the office of the President/Prime Minister, office of a Minister, office of a Parliamentarian, employees of ministries/ministerial departments/ implementation agencies, Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects or consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs, local government office or staff, bilateral/multilateral agencies, private sector organizations, the financial sector/private banks, civil society organizations, the media, independent government institutions, academia/research institutes/think tanks, and the judiciary branch. A total of 362 stakeholders participated in the survey (68% response rate).
The results of this year’s Country Survey were compared to those in the Country Survey conducted in FY ‘14 (response rate was 57%, N = 272). The data were weighted to reach similar stakeholder compositions across the two survey years, allowing for more statistically reliable comparisons. Note, there were insufficient numbers of respondents from the office of the President/Prime Minister in FY ’14 to be included in these analyses. Also, stakeholders who identified themselves as “Other” in the stakeholder category options were not included in these comparisons. As a result, mean ratings, percentages of respondents, and the total number of respondents in both years are slightly different from those of the original data reported in the FY ‘14 COS report and the non-weighted data presented in this report. For the weighted stakeholder breakdown and year comparison results, please refer to Appendix E (see page 73) in the attached report.
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
The Questionnaires are in English, Russian and Tajik.
Analytical Center “Tahlil va Mashvarat”
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Tajikistan, World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2017, Ref. TJK_2017_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
Development Data Group
The World Bank Group
External and Corporate Relations - Web and Social Media