Institut National de la Statistique, Ministère Délégué Auprès du Premier Ministre, Chargé de l'Economie, des Finances et du Plan [Côte d'Ivoire] and Macro International Inc., Minnesota Population Center
02) IUD: Women can have a loop or coil placed inside them by a doctor or a nurse.
03) INJECTABLES: Women can have an injection by a heath provider which stops them from becoming pregnant for several months.
04) IMPLANTS: Women can have several small rods placed in their upper arm under the skin which can prevent pregnancy for several years.
05) DIAPHRAGM/FOAM/JELLY: Women can place a sponge, suppository, diaphragm, jelly, or cream inside themselves before intercourse.
06) CONDOM: Men can put a rubber sheath on their penis before sexual intercourse.
07) FEMALE STERILIZATION: Women can have an operation to avoid having any more children.
08) MALE STERILIZATION: Men can have an operation to avoid having any more children.
09) PERIODIC ABSTINENCE: Some couples avoid having sexual intercourse on certain days during her menstrual cycle when the woman is most likely to get pregnant: Do you know where to obtain information on periodic abstinence?
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
FPKNOSRCMST (V306_07) is a dichotomous variable indicating whether the woman knew a place someone could go to get male sterilization to delay or avoid pregnancy.
Source of information on family planning Variables -- TOPICS