The World Bank Group Country Opinion Survey Program systematically measures and tracks the perceptions of the World Bank's clients, partners, and other stakeholders across the globe in client countries. The Public Opinion Research Group surveyed 29 countries in FY2012 (July 2011-June 2012), 41 countries in FY2013 (July 2012-June 2013), 42 countries in FY2014 (July 2013-June 2014), 35 countries in FY2015 (July 2014-June 2015), and 45 countries in FY2016 (July 2015-June 2016). In FY2017, surveys were conducted in 35 countries. Nearly all of the World Bank Group's client countries are surveyed in every three year cycle.
The Country Opinion Survey in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines on:
1) their views regarding the general environment in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines;
2) their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines;
3) overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; and
4) their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- v01: edited and anonymous data for public distribution.
The scope of the study includes:
- Their views regarding the general environment in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Their overall attitudes toward the World Bank Group in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Overall impressions of the World Bank Group’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work, and communication and information sharing in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Perceptions of the recent trends and the World Bank Group’s future role in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
North Windward, North Central Windward, South Central Windward, South Windward, Marriaquo, West St. George, East St. George, East Kingstown, Central Kingstown, West Kingstown, South Leeward, Central Leeward, North Leeward, North Grenadines, South Grenadines.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From April to May 2017, 423 stakeholders of the World Bank Group in four OECS countries were invited to provide their opinions on the Bank's assistance to the country by participating in a country survey. In each country, participants were drawn from the office of the President, Prime Minister/Minister, office of a parliamentarian, ministries, ministerial departments, or implementation agencies, consultants/ contractors working on World Bank Group-supported projects/programs, project management units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of a project, local governments, bilateral and multilateral agencies, private sector organizations, private foundations, the financial sector/private banks, NGOs; community-based organizations, the media, independent government institutions, trade unions, faith-based groups, academia/research institutes/think tanks, youth groups, the judiciary branch, and other organizations. A total of 231 stakeholders participated in the survey (55% response rate).
The results of this year’s Country Survey were compared to those of the Country Survey conducted in FY ’14 (response rate was 79%, N = 119). The data were weighted to reach similar stakeholder compositions across the two survey years, allowing for more statistically reliable comparisons. Note, there were insufficient numbers of respondents from bilateral agencies, the judiciary branch, or private foundations in FY ’14 to be included in these analyses. Also, stakeholders who identified themselves as “Other” in the stakeholder category options were not included in these comparisons. As a result, mean ratings, percentages of respondents, and the total number of respondents in both years are slightly different from those of the original data reported in the FY ’14 COS report and the non-weighted data presented in this report. For the weighted stakeholder breakdown and year comparison results, please refer to Appendix E (see page 112) in the Related Materials.
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
Market Research Services Ltd
The questionnaire is in English and it is provided as related material.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). St. Vincent & Grenadines - World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2017, Ref. VCT_2017_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [url] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.