The Country Opinion Survey in Algeria assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Algeria perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Algeria on:
1) Their views regarding the general environment in Algeria;
2) Their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Algeria;
3) Overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Algeria; and
4) Their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Algeria.
Kind of data
Sample survey data [ssd]
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Algiers and Outside Algiers.
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Algeria.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From May to July 2017, 440 stakeholders of the WBG in Algeria were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG’s work in the country by participating in a Country Opinion Survey. Participants were drawn from the office of a Minister, office of a Parliamentarian, employees of ministries/ministerial departments/implementation agencies, Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects or consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs, local/regional government office or staff, bilateral/multilateral agencies, private sector organizations, private foundations, the financial sector/private banks, NGOs/community-based organizations (CBOs), the media, independent government institutions, chambers of commerce, academia/research institutes/think tanks, and the judiciary branch.
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
The questionnaire is in English and French. The English version is provided as related material.
BH Advisory Strategy and Management Consulting
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Algeria- World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2017, Ref. DZA_2017_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [url] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.