The World Bank Group Country Opinion Survey Program systematically measures and tracks the perceptions of the World Bank's clients, partners, and other stakeholders across the globe in client countries. The Public Opinion Research Group surveyed 29 countries in FY2012 (July 2011-June 2012), 41 countries in FY2013 (July 2012-June 2013), 42 countries in FY2014 (July 2013-June 2014), 35 countries in FY2015 (July 2014-June 2015), 45 countries in FY2016 (July 2015-June 2016), and 35 countries in FY2017 (July 2016-June 2017). In FY2018, surveys were conducted in 39 countries. Nearly all of the World Bank Group's client countries are surveyed in every three year cycle.
The Country Opinion Survey in Namibia assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Namibia perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Namibia on:
1) their views regarding the general environment in Namibia;
2) their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Namibia;
3) overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Namibia; and
4) their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Namibia.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Namibia.
- v01: edited and anonymous data for public distribution.
The scope of the study includes:
- General Issues Facing Namibia
- Overall Attitudes toward the World Bank Group
- World Bank Group’s Effectiveness and Results
- The World Bank Group’s Knowledge Work and Activities
- Working with the World Bank Group
- The Future Role of the World Bank Group in Namibia
- Communication and Information Sharing
- Background Information
City of Windhoek, Northern Namibia, Central Namibia (other than Windhoek) and Southern Namibia.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From June to August 2017, 304 stakeholders of the WBG in Namibia were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG’s work in the country by participating in a Country Opinion Survey (COS). Participants were drawn from the office of the President/Prime Minister, office of a Minister, office of a Parliamentarian, employees of ministries/ministerial departments/ implementation agencies, Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects or consultants/contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs, local government officials or staff, bilateral/multilateral agencies, private sector organizations, private foundations, the financial sector/private banks, NGOs/community-based organizations (CBOs), the media, independent government institutions, trade unions, faith-based groups, youth groups, academia/research institutes/think tanks, and the judiciary branch.
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
Data Collection Notes
Face to face and email/online.
Business Intelligence Africa
English. The English version is provided as related material.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Namibia - World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2018, Ref. NAM_2017_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [url] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
DDI Document ID
Development Data Group
The World Bank Group
The World Bank Group
Date of Metadata Production
DDI Document version
- Version 01 (September 2018)
- Version 02 (August 2019). This version is identical to version 01, except for the section on Series Information which was updated.