The Country Opinion Survey in Angola assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Angola perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Angola on:
1) Their views regarding the general environment in Angola;
2) Their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Angola;
3) Overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Angola; and
4) Their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Angola.
Kind of data
Sample survey data [ssd]
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
Luanda, Huila, Kwanza-Norte and Other.
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Angola.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From March to June 2018, 986 stakeholders of the WBG in Angola were invited to provide their opinions on the WBG’s work in the country by participating in a Country Opinion Survey. Participants were drawn from the Office of the President, Prime Minister; office of a Minister; office of a Parliamentarian; ministries/ministerial departments/implementation agencies; Project Management Units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of WBG projects; consultants/ contractors working on WBG-supported projects/programs; local governments; bilateral and multilateral agencies; private sector organizations; private foundations; the financial sector/ private banks; NGOs and community-based organizations; the media; independent government institutions; trade unions; faith-based groups; youth groups; academia/research institutes/think tanks; the judiciary branch; and other organizations.
The results in this year’s Country Survey were compared to those in the Country Survey conducted in FY’15 (response rate was 24%, N=91). As a rule, the COS data are weighted for year comparisons in order to reach the same stakeholder composition in two fiscal years. However, in the case of Angola, due to the small number of respondents in the FY’15 Country Survey, weighting would have been statistically unsound. Therefore, only basic comparisons of the unweighted data from the FY’18 and FY’15 Country Surveys are presented in the report and should be considered provisional. For the FY’18 and FY’15 stakeholder breakdown and year comparison results, please see appendix E (Report, page 94) in the Related Materials.
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
The questionnaire is in English and Portuguese. The English version is provided as related material.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Angola- World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2018, Ref. AGO_2018_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [url] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
Development Data Group
The World Bank Group
The World Bank Group
- Version 01 (September 2018)
- Version 02 (August 2019). This version is identical to version 01, except for the section on Series Information which was updated.