1 Main
 2 Room or rooms
 3 Store/godown/basement
 4 Garage
 5 Servants quarters
 6 Other (specify)
Room or rooms
Store / Godown / Bsement
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question H2: Type of Dwelling Unit
Ask, "What kind of dwelling unit does this Household occupy?" Circle the most appropriate code.
209. If the Household occupies the whole or a greater part of the housing unit, circle 1 for "main". If the Household occupies a room or rooms of the housing unit, but not the greater part of it, circle 2 for "Room or Rooms of the main house".
210. The Household may occupy accommodation, which is not intended for habitation - for example, a store, basement or go-down. In such cases, circle 3 for store, basement or go-down.
211. Circle 4 if the Household is living in a garage.
212. Circle 5 if the Household is living in a servants quarter.
213. If none is appropriate, circle code 6 and describe the dwelling unit.
This variable indicates the type of dwelling.
Group Quarters Variables -- HOUSEHOLD