408. What kind of telephone does this household have?
 1 Land line telephone
 2 Cellular telephone
 3 Land line and cellular telephone
 4 No telephone
Both landline and cellular phone
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question 408: Telephone Usage
Ask if the household has a land line telephone (connected to a public telephone network) or a cellular telephone (mobile or hand phone). Select the code for the answer which corresponds to the respondent's answer.
1. If the land line or cellular telephone is not working at the time of the enumeration, but will soon be repaired or a new one will be purchased within the next month, then this household is considered to have a telephone.
2. If at the time of the enumeration the household has a land line/cellular telephone which is dead because the telephone bill has not been paid, but if the bill will be paid within the next month, this household is considered to have a telephone.
3. If a household member has a subscription to the products Esia and Flexi which can function as a cellular phone and also a home telephone, then the household is categorized as one which has a cellular phone.
4. If in the area around the dwelling there is no signal, however, the cellular phone can be used once it is away from the dwelling no further than 5 km., then this household is considered to have a cellular phone.
This variable indicates the type of telephone that the household uses.
Households in regular enumeration areas and enumerated apartments in remote areas