Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
4.2.4 - Completion of the household form
At the top of the household form are the following elements:
You will write the numbers of the concessions and the households in the boxes next to them. They are noted on the second and third pages of the cover.
- Page number and number of pages
- Page number: indicates the location of the page amongst all the pages used to count that particular household.
- Number of pages indicates the total number of pages used for each household.
- Nationality of the head of household: enter the nationality declared by the head of household.
- Language currently spoken in the household: enter the language most often used in the household.
- Deaths during the last 12 months and the summary table. These tables will not be filled out until all members of the household are counted.
The second part of the household form is for recording the individual characteristics of each member of the household. It is comprised of 21 columns and 10 lines, each line being reserved for a member of the household.
Columns 1 to 8 concern all persons recorded in the household.
Columns 9 to 15 concern residents age 10 or older.
Columns 16 to 20 concern residents age 12 or older.
Column 21 concerns any member of the population recorded as handicapped.
The population is counted according to several characteristics.
This variable indicates the nationality of the household head.