Section V: Detailed information on housing unit
[This version of Section V was asked for rural households.]
45. What type of toilet facility does the housing unit have?
 1 No toilet facility
 2 Pit or flush toilet
Pit or flush toilet
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Section 4: Detail Information on Housing Units
The enumerator should closely consider the following points before collecting data about housing units.
1. Information on the housing units is collected if and only if the housing unit is used for residential purpose, be it for residence only or for residence and enterprise purposes on the date of enumeration.
2. If the housing unit is used only for enterprise purpose at the time of the census the information will not be collected.
3. In this section, all possible answers are coded and first circle the right code of the answer and then enter the code in the given card column.
4. While collecting information regarding the materials with which the wall, roof, ceiling and floor are made, the enumerator should also include his own observation to improve the quality of the data.
5. The enumerator is supposed to have a good understanding of the definitions of terms such as room, ceiling, protected well/spring, etc. and he should explain to the respondent, on such terms so that the can get the correct answer to the questions.
6. If there more than 10 members in the household and forced to use an additional questionnaire, the housing unit information is collected on the last page of the questionnaire and make "-" on housing section of the other questionnaires.
7. If two or more households are found in a single housing unit, information about the housing unit is collected only once. In other words if two households are found in one housing unit, information regarding the housing unit is collected by asking one of the households only. However, the housing unit will be considered as having a certain amenity, if one of the household reports them.
8. For collective quarters, for hotel/hostel residents housing data will not be collected. To indicate that housing information will not be collected, make "-" in the all columns. The enumerator should however, remember that housing information will be collected for the regular households residing in collective quarters, hotel/hostel, etc.
Column 45: What type of toilet facility does the housing unit have?
In this question, the interest is to know the type of toilet facility that the housing units have and also to know the distribution of housing units that do not have such facilities. It is a known fact that the availability of toilet faculty is a very crucial element to prevent and control disease
transmission and to improve the health status of the society. The data generated from this question can thus be used as an important health indicator.
Therefore, the enumerator shall circle the appropriate code from the given choice below. In addition, if a toilet facility is no more functioning for various reasons and it is not in a position to be maintained and put back to service then the housing unit is considered as not having the facility.
1 = No toilet facility
2 = Pit or flush toilet
This variable indicates the type of toilet (rural households).