The Country Opinion Survey in Antigua and Barbuda assists the World Bank Group (WBG) in gaining a better understanding of how stakeholders in Antigua and Barbuda perceive the WBG. It provides the WBG with systematic feedback from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society in Antigua and Barbuda on:
1) Their views regarding the general environment in Antigua and Barbuda;
2) Their overall attitudes toward the WBG in Antigua and Barbuda;
3) Overall impressions of the WBG’s effectiveness and results, knowledge work and activities, and communication and information sharing in Antigua and Barbuda; and
4) Their perceptions of the WBG’s future role in Antigua and Barbuda.
Kind of data
Sample survey data [ssd]
v01, edited anonymous dataset for public distribution
Coding schemes of output data:
- Single-choice questions: Response options are coded according to corresponding numbers in the questionnaire.
- Multiple-choice questions: When a response option is checked, it is coded as "1," when a response option is not checked, it is coded as "0."
- 10-point scale questions: "1" corresponds to the lowest value, "10" corresponds to the highest value. "Don't know" is coded as "11."
- Yes/No questions: "Yes" is coded as "1," "No" is coded as "2."
St. John City West, St. John City East, St. John City South, St. John Rural West, St. John Rural South, St. John Rural East, St. John Rural North, St. Mary South, St. Mary North, All Saints E & St. Luke, All Saints West, St. George, St. Peter, St. Phillip North, St. Phillip South, St. Paul and Barbuda.
Unit of analysis
Stakeholders of the World Bank Group in Antigua and Barbuda.
Opinion leaders from national and local governments, multilateral/bilateral agencies, media, academia, the private sector, and civil society.
Producers and sponsors
Public Opinion Research Group
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
From April to May 2017, 423 stakeholders of the World Bank Group in four OECS countries were invited to provide their opinions on the Bank’s assistance to the country by participating in a country survey. In each country, participants were drawn from the office of the President, Prime Minister/Minister, office of a parliamentarian, ministries, ministerial departments, or implementation agencies; consultants/ contractors working on World Bank Group-supported projects/programs; project management units (PMUs) overseeing implementation of a project; local governments; bilateral and multilateral agencies; private sector organizations; private foundations; the financial sector/private banks; NGOs; community-based organizations; the media; independent government institutions; trade unions; faith-based groups; academia/research institutes/think tanks; youth groups, the judiciary branch; and other organizations. A total of 231 stakeholders participated in the survey (55% response rate).
The results of this year’s Country Survey were compared to those of the Country Survey conducted in FY ’14 (response rate was 79%, N = 119). The data were weighted to reach similar stakeholder compositions across the two survey years, allowing for more statistically reliable comparisons. Note, there were insufficient numbers of respondents from bilateral agencies, the judiciary branch, or private foundations in FY ’14 to be included in these analyses. Also, stakeholders who identified themselves as “Other” in the stakeholder category options were not included in these comparisons. As a result, mean ratings, percentages of respondents, and the total number of respondents in both years are slightly different from those of the original data reported in the FY ’14 COS report and the non-weighted data presented in this report. For the weighted stakeholder breakdown and year comparison results, please refer to Appendix E (Report, page 112) in the Related Materials.
Dates of collection
Mode of data collection
The questionnaire is in English. It is provided as related material.
Market Research Services Ltd
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Public Opinion Research Group (The World Bank Group). Antigua and Barbuda- World Bank Group Country Survey (WBCS) 2017, Ref. ATG_2017_WBCS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [url] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.