Central Data Catalog
Demographic and Health Survey 1994 - IPUMS Subset
Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS)
Institut National de la Statistique, Ministère Délégué Auprès du Premier Ministre, Chargé de l'Economie, des Finances et du Plan [Côte d'Ivoire] and Macro International Inc., Minnesota Population Center
May 14, 2020
May 14, 2020
Documentation in PDF
Ever use rhythm/periodic abstinence for FP (M_FPEVUSRHYMN)
Questions and instructions
203) Have you ever used (METHOD)?
01) PILL: Women can take a pill every day: Has your wife/have your wives ever used the pill?
02) IUD: Women can have a loop or coil placed inside them by a doctor or a nurse: Has your wife/have your wives ever used an IUD?
03) INJECTABLES: Women can have an injection by a heath provider which stops them from becoming pregnant for several months: Has your wife/have your wives ever used injectables?
04) IMPLANTS: Women can have several small rods placed in their upper arm under the skin which can prevent pregnancy for several years: Has your wife/have your wives ever used an implant?
05) DIAPHRAGM/FOAM/JELLY: Women can place a sponge, suppository, diaphragm, jelly, or cream inside themselves before intercourse: Has your wife/have your wives ever used a diaphragm or foam?
06) CONDOM: Men can put a rubber sheath on their penis before sexual intercourse.
07) FEMALE STERILIZATION: Women can have an operation to avoid having any more children: Has your wife/have your wives had an operation to avoid having any more children?
08) MALE STERILIZATION: Men can have an operation to avoid having any more children: Have you had an operation to avoid having any more children?
09) PERIODIC ABSTINENCE: Some couples avoid having sexual intercourse on certain days during her menstrual cycle when the woman is most likely to get pregnant.
10) WITHDRAWAL: Men can be careful and pull out before climax.
11) Have you heard of any other ways or methods that women or men can use to avoid pregnancy? Have you or your wife/wives ever used (METHOD)?
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
FPEVUSRHYMN (MV305_08) indicates whether the man or his partners have ever used the rhythm method or periodic abstinence to delay or avoid a pregnancy.
Ever use of family planning Variables -- TOPICS