301. Now I would like to talk about family planning-the various ways or methods that a couple can use to delay or avoid a pregnancy.
Have you ever heard of (METHOD)?
01. FEMALE STERILIZATION
Women can have an operation to avoid having any more children.
02. MALE STERILIZATION
Men can have an operation to avoid having any more children.
03. IUD OR PPIUD Women can have a loop or coil placed inside them by a doctor or a nurse.
Women can have an injection by a health provider that stops them from becoming pregnant for one or more months.
Women can take a pill every day or every week to avoid becoming pregnant.
06. CONDOM OR NIRODH
Men can put a rubber sheath on their penis before sexual intercourse.
07. FEMALE CONDOM. Women can place a sheath in their vagina before sexual intercourse.
08. LACTATIONAL AMENORRHOEA METHOD (LAM)
09. RHYTHM METHOD. Every month that a woman is sexually active she can avoid pregnancy by not having sexual intercourse on the days of the month she is most likely to get pregnant.
Men can be careful and pull out before climax.
11. EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION
Women can take pills up to three days after sexual intercourse to avoid becoming pregnant.
12. Have you heard of any other ways or methods that women or men can use to avoid pregnancy?
Method not asked about at all
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
FPKNOLAMMN (MV304_13) indicates whether the man knows about the lactational amenorrhea method (LAM) as a method for family planning. Some samples differentiate between spontaneous and probed affirmative responses; see Comparability. In probing questions, LAM is often described by the following text:
Up to six months after childbirth, before the menstrual period has returned, women use a method requiring frequent breastfeeding day and night.
Knowledge of family planning Variables -- TOPICS