II. Housing Conditions (Questions 1 - 4 to be completed for the dwelling)
4. Availability of essential facilities
 1 Electricity
 2 Floor electric cooker
 3 Piped gas
 4 Bottled condensed gas
 5 Central or district heating
 6 Heating from individual installation
 7 Stove heating
 8 Piped water
 9 Flush toilet
 10 Bath or shower
 11 Central hot water supply
 12 Hot water from individual boiler
 13 Telephone
 14 No specified facilities
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question 4P. Availability of essential facilities
The codes are to be marked that correspond to one or more prompts offered.
A dwelling is considered equipped with:
- electricity when there is electrical wiring available;
- floor electric cooker when there is a floor electric cooker available.
A house with a detached kitchen (a special capital building intended for cooking), in which a floor electric cooker is installed is also considered equipped with a floor electric cooker;
- piped gas if there is a floor gas cooker available, which is connected with the gas line;
- bottled condensed gas if there is a floor gas cooker available, which is connected to the gas bottle.
A house with a detached kitchen, in which a floor gas cooker is installed, is also considered to be equipped with gas supply;
- central or district heating if heating is provided by the building boiler-room, quarter or district boiler-houses or by the heat and power station;
- heating from individual installation if heating is provided by the flat hot water heaters or local decentralized heating boilers of low capacity operating on gas or solid fuel;
- stove heating if the source of heating is a stove;
- piped water if there is a supply net within the house, to which water is supplied centrally from the water pipe or artesian well the year round.
A house with a detached kitchen is also considered equipped with water supply if a water tap connected to the water supply net is installed in the kitchen.
If there is a hydrant (a water pump) in the yard, but there is no water supply to the house, such dwelling is not to be considered equipped with water supply;
- flush toilet if there is a waste pipe inside the house for drainage of utility and fecal waters to the sewerage system or drain wells.
A house where the water supply is not available is not to be considered equipped with flush toilet.
- bath or shower if a bath or shower is installed both in a separate bathroom and in the other specially adapted room, irrespective of the way of hot water supply: centrally or from flat heaters, including heating boilers of low capacity and gas or wood water heaters.
A dwelling, in which a bath (shower) is installed but there is no sewerage available, is not to be considered equipped with bath or shower.
- central hot water supply if there is a special hot water supply intended for daily living needs;
- hot water from individual boilers if there is a special water pipe supplying water from gas or wood water heaters, flat heaters, including heating boilers of low capacity, for daily living needs;
- telephone if a telephone set is installed; if a radiotelephone is available, code 13 is also to be marked.
If one or another facility of a dwelling is temporarily idle (because of damage, repair or other reasons), the dwelling is to be considered equipped with these types of facilities.
If there is none of the above-mentioned facilities in a dwelling, the item "no specified facilities" is to be marked.
This variable indicates whether the dwelling had access to piped gas.