1 Owner occupied
 2 Free - public
 3 Free - private
 4 Subsidized public
 5 Subsidized private
 6 Rented - public
 7 Rented - private
 8 Other (specify)
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question H1 : Occupancy Tenure of Dwelling Unit
Ask, "Does this Household own these living quarters?"
200. This question is concerned with the arrangements by which a Household occupies its dwelling or living quarters.
201. Circle the code which most appropriately describes the arrangements under which the Household occupies its dwelling. If the Household owns the dwelling, circle code 1 for "Owner occupied".
202. If the Household members neither own the dwelling nor pay rent of any kind but occupy the dwelling free of charge because it belongs to government, circle "2" for Free - public. Please probe to be sure that the Household does not pay rent whether directly or indirectly (deducted by the employer). Public housing is owned by the Central Government, Local Governments or Parastatal Organizations. All other housing is private
203. If the employer is not public e.g. a private company or private school and pays fully for the house, then circle "3" for Free-private.
204. Households occupying public housing may pay nominal rents. For these, circle 4 for "subsidized - public".
205. If Households occupying private housing pay similar nominal rents, circle 5 for "Subsidized - private".
206. If the Household members pay full rent, write circle 6 for "Rented - Public".
207. Where a Corporation, private company fully rents the dwelling circle 7 for "Rented - Private".
208. If no code is appropriate, circle code '8' and describe the arrangements as best you can.
This variable indicates the type of occupancy tenure.