___ a Does every member of the household use soap to bathe?
___ b Did every member of the household take sugar (at least once a day) during the last week?
___ c Does every child in the household (i.e. all those under 18 yrs.) have a blanket?
___ d Does every member of the household have at least one pair of shoes?
___ e Does every member of the household have at least two sets of clothing?
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question H23: Household Items
The questions refer to usual members of the Household only.
(a) Ask, "Does every member of the Household use soap to bathe?"
257. Soap includes both washing soap and toilet soap. Write the appropriate code.
(b) Ask, "Did every member of the Household take sugar (at least once a day) during the last week?"
258. This includes sugar that is added to a liquid but excludes natural sugar contained in fruits. Exclude persons who do not take sugar for health reasons. Write the appropriate code.
(c) Ask, "Does every Child in the Household (all those under 18 years) have a blanket?"
259. This excludes blankets, which are shared irrespective of the reasons.
260. If every child has a blanket, write '1' for Yes, otherwise write 2 for 'No'. (d) Ask, "Does every member in the Household have at least one pair of Shoes?"
261. Shoes include covered and open shoes. However, Tire sandals (Lugabire), slippers and other sandals meant for use inside the house are not classified as shoes.
262. Write the appropriate code. (e) Ask, "Does every member of the Household have at least two sets of clothing?"
263. By clothing we mean clothing covering for the body decently, whether it is in one piece or not. Write the appropriate code.
This variable indicates whether every member of this household have at least two sets of clothing.
Other Household Variables -- HOUSEHOLD