P17 Educational attainment What highest grade did name complete (Write appropriate code) ___
Did not complete primary 1
Junior secondary 1
Junior secondary 2
Junior secondary 3
Senior secondary 1
Senior secondary 2
Senior secondary 3
Senior secondary 4
Senior secondary 5
Senior secondary 6
Vocational: incomplete certificate training
Vocational: complete certificate training
Vocational: incomplete diploma training
Vocational: complete diploma training
University: incomplete degree
University: complete degree
University: incomplete post graduate training
University: completed post graduate training
NIU (not in universe)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
School Attendance and Educational Attainment
130. The questions on education apply to All Persons Aged 5 (Five) Years and Above. Look back at the age you have entered for each person. For those aged 0 to 4 years write "N/A" (Not Applicable) for Question P16 and leave the rest of the column blank.
131. For purposes of the census, education does not include any form of pre-primary education such as Nursery Education, even if the person is of eligible age.
Question P17: Educational Attainment
Ask, "What highest grade did (name) complete?"
133. This question applies to everyone who has ever been to school i.e. to those who have left school as well as to those who are still attending school
134. Write the appropriate code of the highest level or grade the person has completed using the code list.
135. For persons who have ever been to school, but did not complete Primary 1, use code '10'. Do not use this code for persons who have never been to school.
This variable indicates highest grade this person completed.