Where does your drinking water generally come from?
Tubewell / handpump
Tank / pond / reservoir (reserved for drinking)
River / canal / lake / pond
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Ask about the source of drinking water for the household. If the household uses more than one source, use the code of the source where water comes from for most of the year, or in the largest quantity.
- TAP: the water comes from private or public pipes, typically inside or directly outside the dwelling unit.
- WELL: the water comes from a well, open or covered with a lid or cover.
- TUBEWELL/HANDPUMP: the water comes from an underground water source with a hand-pump or other lift system to draw water out of the ground.
- TANK/POND/RESERVOIR (RESERVED FOR DRINKING): use this code only when the water source is indeed reserved for drinking.
- RIVER/CANAL/LAKE/POND: the water comes from other sources such as rivers, streams, lakes, canals, etc.
- OTHER: Most sources should be included in the categories above, but if one is not (for example, spring, water seller, etc.) use this code.
Question post text
If code 4 or 5 or 6, go to Q4.