Has any member of your household ever used any of the following kinds of savings or liquid assets below?
Savings book at State bank
Savings book at other type of bank
Savings book at credit cooperative
Stocks, bonds,contribution to informal credit system
Other foreign currency
Silver and other precious metals
Jewelry (including items currently worn)
for non-farm households
House, land (if value not listed in section 6 or 9)
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Question post text
Ask question 1 for all items before going to questions 2-3.
The interviewer has to understand the true meaning of this question, that is, “Has this
household ever used any savings form as below”, not “Does the household currently having any
saving form as below”. If not currently, but they did in the past with gold, silver, or cash, or
USD, record yes and go on to ask questions 2 and 3.
Ask this question first then move to questions 3 and 4. Mark “x” to box "yes" or "no" by the
answer to each item.
- The interviewer should prompt the household on whether they bought bonds or bills
in the past since in the 70s and 80s, the Government encouraged people to take this
form of savings .
- Cash, includes the Vietnamese currency currently kept in the household or by
household members as of the interview time.
- Only include USD. Other dollars such as Hong Kong dollar, Singapore dollar... are
included to code 08 other foreign currencies. These currencies are exchanged into
- Gold, silver, jewelry: such as necklace, rings (various kind)...
- Gold, silver, precious metals: is the amount bought for saving, not included amount
used for jewelry.
- Unprocessed rice, rice and other crop products: Unprocessed rice, rice that is being
stored, for agricultural production households is listed in Part D1 Section 9, and
should not be included here. Only record the current amount of unprocessed rice, rice110
and other crop products of non-agricultural production households, as a storage,
savings. For other crop products such as dry bud tea, pepper, coffee, pipe tobacco, etc.
the interviewer has to check and correlate with question 51 Part D1 Section 9. If any
items are already listed in Part D1, Section 9, do not record here.
- Other: including other plants such as high value ornamental trees, etc. Record clearly
to Section 0 Part D