3. Is this school/satellite school a public, semi-public, sponsored or private school?
Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
Ask to determine the form of school/satellite school. The forms include:
- Public: The form in which the government organizes, manages, invests in physical
facility, pays salary and pays for other usual expenditures of the school.
- Semi-public: With this form of school, the government transfers a physical facility to
use and operates according to the rule that they must cover costs based on payments
made by parents of pupils in the form of tuition and voluntary payments32
- Sponsored: The form in which the government allows an organization to open in order
to mobilize the ability of the society to contribute along with the state to the
development of education.
- Private: This form of school is set up by individuals or a group of individuals under
the permission of the Ministry of Education and Training. The Ministry of Education
and Training supervises the educational curriculum, textbooks and reference materials.
Students must pay school fees to pay salaries of teachers and other fees.
In practice, usually based on the name of the school one can know the form of school